Saturday, March 29, 2008

Guess where I am?

I'm down at Loch Ness again this weekend, though perhaps the last one for a while as someone else is coming down from Inverness next weekend to be the relief. Anyway, it's not a bad wee hostel and good for a change.

Didn't go anywhere on my days off this week, as with being up and down between hostels I felt I could use some time staying in one place. Just took it easy reading a book, doing some cooking, went out with a fella a couple of times, and caught up on sleep.

I think I met some of the "we're not Canadian" Quebecker types the other day. I heard them speaking in French, and asked them in French if they were French, to which they replied "Non, Quebecois". To that I replied "Oh, je suis canadienne aussi!" to be met by silence. One of them later said "Ontario?" to me, but that was about it.

On the other hand, a woman who was actually from France mistook me for French when I informed her about how to get to the kitchen, since I could hear her mumbling to herself in French, wondering where it was.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've met some folks from TO like that too...it's just such a foreign concept to be friendly to a stranger...Guess we've got something special in the maritimes and forgot to tell the rest of the country...oops :P

Hope you are well!