Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Not working afterall

Just another quick update - I said that I had applied for a job. Well, it was a direct sales job, we'll say, which I thought I would give a try. I did a trial of it this morning with other sales people, out on the street pitching a product. It was intimidating stopping people to talk to them, but I could overcome that with time, I think. I did decide, however, to not take the job because I felt like a conman. I felt that to make sales I would have to put on an act and be insincere, and I don't want to be that. I also don't want to be that person who I dodge away from on city streets.

Since that was the only job I really considered in London, I'm going to head north tomorrow. I may stop along the way or I may go straight up to Edinburgh; I haven't decided yet.

No comments: